HLS 250 Transnational Threats Midterm
The midterm is 20 questions each worth 5 points. As this is an out of class exam I will expect SPECIFIC answers for each question. The answers are found in the lectures and or the readings.
- Please give the definition of Traditional Security and one example of a traditional security issue.
- Please give the definition of Non-Traditional Security and one example of a non-traditional security issue.
- Please list three characteristics of a Non-Traditional Security.
- Please give the definition of Human Security and one example of a human security issue.
- Please list three key points of Neo-liberalist
- What Bahraini individual was placed on the Specially Designated Global Terrorist list and what group is he a member of?
- What is the definition of revolution given in class?
- What is the definition of reform given in class?
- What is the definition of legitimacy given in class?
- Which of the following sparked the so called “Arab Spring”
- Economic stagnation
- Increasing education
- Demographic bulge
- All of the above
- In the article assigned for the Arab Spring readings called “Arab Spring Causes” what does Kamal Eldin Osama Salih say prevented Kuwait from experiencing the same protests and violence seen in other places?
- What is the definition of terrorism given in class? BE SPACIFIC
- Please name three strategic indicators that a terrorist group is operations
- According to the reading titled “Terrorist Backgrounder” what are the causes of terrorism and extremism?
- According to Teja Palko in “Threat of terrorism-should we be scared” is terrorism an existential threat? ( find that book from online)
- What is the definition of Intelligence given in class?
- What is the definition of Counter-Intelligence given in class?
- Please describe the Intelligence Cycle?
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"