JFT2 Task 1 5pp
SUBDOMAIN 325.1 – LEADING & MANAGING INDIVIDUALS
SUBDOMAIN 325.3 – SOLVING PROBLEMS & MAKING DECISIONS
Competency 325.1.1: Motivation – The graduate applies motivational concepts to enhance organizational performance.
Competency 325.1.3: Power and Influence – The graduate determines how power and influence can be used to achieve organizational objectives.
Competency 325.3.2: Conflict Management – The graduate demonstrates the application of conflict management concepts to improve organizational performance.
In this task, you will review and comment on the various human interactions, cultural and organizational, that come into play during the merger process in the Utah Symphony and Utah Opera: A Merger Proposal case study. You will explore the motivations of the various constituents to better understand their positions for or against the merger. In this task, you will create a document to help Anne Ewers think through issues that may result from the merger process.
A. Create an analysis document (suggested length of 4 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Illustrate how Bill Bailey, chairman of the board of the Utah Opera Organization, might use one theory of motivation to oppose or support the merger.
2. Illustrate how Scott Parker, chairman of the board of the Utah Symphony Organization, might use one theory of motivation to convince Mrs. Abravenal to support the merger.
3. Describe Anne positional power in relation to her personal power.
a. Discuss how Anne could use her positional power to successfully lead the merger efforts.
b. Discuss how Anne could use her personal power to empower Keith Lockhart.
4. Present a potential issue with the musicians that, if not resolved, would jeopardize the continuing organizational performance.
a. Recommend how Anne could deal with the issue.
5. Discuss influence tactics Anne could use to persuade the opera full-time staff and artists under contract to endorse the merger.
B. Include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: Please save word-processing documents as *.rtf (Rich Text Format) files.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using outside sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.